Pet Rehabilitation at PetVets Animal Hospital
Sometimes, injuries, surgeries and fitness management require rehabilitation. Fortunately, rehabilitation is accessible to most residents, but it’s important to have a follow-up care plan. A little pet rehabilitation goes a long way, and routine check-ups alongside this rehabilitation can make a world of difference for your pets’ physical health.
Does Your Pet Need Rehabilitation?
Pets who’ve undergone surgery, have sustained injuries or simply need fitness management after an injury can benefit from rehabilitation. Specifically, rehabilitation is useful for the following:
- Improving your pet’s strength after they’ve undergone surgery.
- Improving your pet’s coordination if they’ve suffered an injury which impacts their mobility.
- Improving your pet’s flexibility as they age, or to overcome previous injuries.
- Helping your pet lose weight in a comfortable, flexible environment.
- Increasing their performance for athletic training, or show training.
Expert care is comfortable, friendly and calm. By helping a pet relax, your rehabilitation experts can assist the healing process. The staff at PetVets Animal Hospital can provide a number of specialized services, including:
- Laser therapy
- Massage therapy
Hydrotherapy, in particular, is incredibly effective for post-surgery rehabilitation. Pet hydrotherapy is popular among residents for both pet recovery and strength training. Whether you’re gearing up for the Chicago Pet Show, or simply want to improve your pet’s mobility, giving your dog a water treadmill treatment is a great choice. Hydrotherapy can assist with several medical issues:
- Sore joints caused by arthritis, aging or injuries.
- Muscle weakness from lack of exercise, injury or surgery.
- Poor balance caused by lost eyesight, injury or age.
- Muscle atrophy caused by nonuse, or due to medical condition.
Here at PetVets Animal Hospital, we know how important it is to find a trusted provider for dog hydrotherapy in Oak Park, IL. While many animal hospitals exist in our area, PetVets Animal Hospital is the only provider in the area to offer such specialized treatment.